Do you have specific skills and want to make a difference...
Now could be the time!
Love the One Team are on the look-out for dedicated people who would be willing to volunteer for longer-term placements with them both out in India and back in the UK. This is not for the faint-hearted... the climate is hot, conditions are tough and you will see things that will break your heart.
However... there is nothing more rewarding than giving up a a year of your life to make a life changing difference for those less fortunate. We are looking for those people skilled in the following areas to come out to India and teach your skills to others.
To work for a year in India with us you would need to raise around £2000 to cover your flights, living costs, insurance, visas and vaccinations ... so come on and take the plunge! It will be life changing for both you and the community you work with.
Take a look below for opportunities of coming to join our team out in india
Current Vacancy for 2 Youth workers for a one year placement with Love the One in Orissa, India
1) Children's worker for the 5-11yrs of age
2) Youth worker for the 12-17 yrs of age
- To develop and run creative and fun activities for the children at the child development centres.
- To act as mentor and positive role models for the children and youth.
- To train up local people alongside them to continue the youth work.
Current Vacancy for a pre-school co-ordinator for a one year placement in Orissa, India
- To pioneer and set up a small pre-school in the community alongside the medical team
- To encourage and equip the local mums to be able to run the pre-school
- To co-ordinate and encourage and develop play in the medical clinic
Current Vacancy for a qualified teacher for a one year placement in Orissa, India
- To set up and teach basic English conversation and writing to primary and secondary age children
- To supplement the local education for the children in new and fun ways of teaching
- Current Vacancy for two qualified nurses for a one year placement in Orissa, India
Paediatric nurses are needed for working with a pioneering medical team in rural community paediatrics and some basic hospital based care with a strong focus on teaching the local people in preventative and basic child health care
- Vacancies available for paediatric and neonatal nurses for 2 week teaching trips in resuscitation and basic paediatric and neonatal nursing care
- If any midwives are interested in coming out then please do contact us for more information.
Administration and Communications
- Administration support in the UK
- Lead in Communications in the UK
- Clinic administrator in India
Please email us for more information at email@example.com
- An amazing opportunity is opening up for physiotherapists and occupational therapists to join a pioneering team out in India as we shape our first community rehabilitation centre in India. This would require a pioneering person who can help shape the work and who is committed to a minimum of one year with the team
- Are you a Physiotherapist who could spare 2 weeks to come and teach basic skills to our team out in India. We are in desperate need of a basic set of skills to help our children with special needs, particularly those with cerebral palsy
Are you a paediatrician, GP, Obstetrician or just interested in Tropical Medicine? We would love to have some extra pairs of hands to come and work alongside us as we develop innovative and strategic ways of implementing community health in areas with little or medical care.
Sanitation is one of number one reasons for ill-health and death in our community in Orissa, India.
We have a vacancy for a pioneering engineer to be able to come out, survey the area and come up with some sustainable and innovative solutions for toilets and water drainage. We envisage this would save more lives than the medical work so please do get in touch if you can input into this life saving work.
Remember... if your skill set does not fit into the above list, this does not disqualify you from volunteering with Love the One!
We have future dates for short-term trips if you are interested in coming out for a 2 week team visit to join in the fun. Please see our 'Join in' drop down link for more details.
We also offer placements for gap-year students and for internships for those considering working overseas in the future.